Commercial Cleaning in Kansas City: Most Overlooked Areas in An Office and Tips to Clean It
A startling discovery is about to be unveiled: your workstation may be housing more bacteria than a toilet seat! Yeah, you read it correctly. Microbes are having a field day all over your office, from the breakroom microwave to the light switches and doors. The dust that has settled on the blinds and windows is an additional problem. At Mini Maids, your experts on commercial cleaning in Kansas City, we are about to provide you with some handy cleaning advice. Get ready to get your hands dirty, gather some disinfectant wipes, and make your office a germ-free haven!
Offices are full of germs, as sometimes a few to a few hundred people use the space to work, eat, and do their daily tasks. It is a proven fact that there are more germs on a desk surface than there are on a toilet seat. Keeping this in mind, think about all the people who touch that desk or something that’s been placed on it. Desks are often covered with papers and items that prevent a good wipe-down. Here are a few more examples of other overlooked areas:
The whole office often uses a printer. That means everyone is touching the printer levers and buttons throughout the day and multiple times a day. Dust often accumulates around electronics, and printers are no exception. It’s difficult to clean behind and around this area, and it’s often forgotten about.
Light Switches and Doors
Light switches and doors are touched multiple times a day by the whole office. Disinfecting each one takes more time than most cleaning companies are willing to devote. At Mini Maids, a commercial cleaning service in Kansas City, we are careful to clean all surfaces to kill the most germs and bacteria possible.
People eat, sometimes sleep, use the restroom, and other activities on lunch breaks and periodic breaks. This lends itself to lots of bacteria from expired food and growing bacteria. Surfaces such as microwaves, sinks, and doors all harbor more than the average number of bacteria. A commercial cleaning service in Kansas City takes the time to clean this area specifically, and it is essential to keeping a healthy office.
Windows and Blinds
Although they do not harbor bacteria, blinds do harbor large amounts of dust and not only make the office feel dingy but will also cause harmful dust particles and even mites that harm the air in the office. The best company for commercial cleaning in Kansas City, MC Janitorial, ensures that even the most overlooked spaces in the office get cleaned.
Air vents and other venting areas are full of dust and allergens, and other chemicals pulled from throughout the building. Paying particular attention to clearing this area will help the office smell and breathe cleaner, according to experts on commercial cleaning in Kansas City.
Fake or Real Greenery
No matter if the greenery is fake or real, it collects dust and mold spores from being watered. If you don’t have a service looking after the plants, it can cause a rotting smell and other issues that damage the air.
Trash cans are often full of germs. People often miss the trash and get food and other items spilled around the sides. This causes the smell and bacteria to grow over time. If you have to touch the trash can, everyone in the office uses it touches the bacteria, and spreads it around the office. Taking care to clean this area is something that MC Janitorial, a commercial cleaning in Kansas City, is happy to do.
Tips for How to Clean Your Office
How and how often to clean an office are often hard things to decide. With the recent Pandemic, having things sanitized, disinfected, and cleaned properly is at the forefront of everyone’s minds. So, what’s the difference? Cleaning is simply just dusting a surface of dust. Sanitizing is cutting down on viruses and bacteria but doesn’t necessarily kill them. Disinfecting is killing all viruses, bacteria, and fungus that can spread and make employees sick.
At Mini Maids, a premier commercial cleaning service in Kansas City, we can provide some or all of these services based on your office needs.
We have provided a few tips for how an office is to be cleaned to protect employees:
- Wipe in one direction. This is to protect the surface from spreading germs from one area to another. Make sure to wipe any surface that gets touched a lot throughout the day, such as door handles.
- Have a good handle on what cleaners do, what jobs. Some cleaners do not kill germs at all, and some kill most germs. Knowing what kind of surface, you are cleaning and the need for a disinfectant for that specific is important to ensure the best results. At Mini Maids, a commercial cleaning service in Kansas City, we are experts at which surface need which cleaners.
- Items most touched in an office are computer keyboards, mice, phones, and the copy machine. Disinfecting these will greatly cut back on shared germs throughout the office.
- Require good handwashing and sanitizing of your employees. You can make sanitizer more easily accessible in high-traffic areas such as outside a bathroom or in the breakroom. Placing one right inside the door as people come in or out of the office is a great placement too. Make sure the soap you use is dispensed hands-free to minimize touching the container. The sanitizer also has a minimal content of alcohol to make it efficient.
- Purchasing the right cleaning products to do the job is important. At MC Janitorial, the experts on commercial cleaning in Kansas City, we know products and which ones are the best. You want a product that includes the right chemicals to kill bacteria. Suppose you are cleaning the office with products that don’t do this; it’s defeating the purpose and wasting your time. Some products simply aren’t’ safe in certain areas, such as areas in which people eat.
Looking for a sparkling clean home or office without lifting a finger? Say no more! At Mini Maid of Johnson County, we’re not just another cleaning service in Kansas City. We’re the Johnson County fairy godmothers of tidiness, the KC wizards of wipe-downs, and the Kansas superheroes of sanitation.
With over 40 years of experience under our vacuum belts, Mini Maid has mastered the art of house cleaning in Kansas City, commercial cleaning services in Kansas City, and even those deep cleaning services in KC that would make Cinderella blush. And why do we do it? Our maid service in Kansas City believes you deserve to live and work in spaces in the Kansas City metro area that are as brilliant as you are.
We don’t just hire anyone to be part of our team. Oh no, we choose only those with a proven track record in the cleaning industry. Then we put our house cleaners in Kansas City through the wringer (figuratively, of course) with our rigorous training program. The result? A team of Mini Maids who can provide high-quality, professional cleaning in Kansas City.
So, whether you’re in Lenexa, Olathe, Spring Hill, Shawnee, Prairie Village, or anywhere in the Johnson County area, give us a call. You’ll get a free estimate, a host of discounts, and a clean that you’ll have to see to believe. Contact us today and let Mini Maid of Johnson County show you what premium commercial cleaning in Kansas City really looks like!